The Mutant Phase
Peter Davison (the Doctor), Sarah Sutton (Nyssa), Christopher Blake (Professor Ptolem), Jared Morgan (Commander Ganatus), Andrew Ryan (Albert), Sara Wakefield (Delores), Mark Gatiss (Professor Karl Hendryk/Roboman), Alistair Lock (Dalek Voices/Technician), Nicholas Briggs (Dalek Voices), Jason Haigh-Ellery (Lieutenant)
In the 22nd century, the Daleks have occupied planet Earth. By the 43rd century, only a handful of humans survive. Still further into the distant future, a Thal scientist must choose whether to betray his heritage, or see the universe destroyed. When the Doctor and Nyssa find themselves trapped in this deadly chain of events, they must decide who their real enemies are. What is certain, however, is that no matter where the Doctor turns, his arch enemies, the Daleks, will be waiting for him. What could possibly be worse than that? The Mutant Phase…
Written By Nicholas Briggs
Directed By Nicholas Briggs
- The Mutant Phase was the fifteenth monthly Doctor Who audio story produced by Big Finish Productions the third of their “Dalek Empire” semi-linked stories.
- Nyssa compares wasps on Earth to Lime Grove Wasps on Traken.
- When the TARDIS arrives, it hits a bump in the time track and is drawn down a time corridor.
- Skaro is destroyed (in an alternative timeline).
- The Daleks have time corridor technology.
- This story takes place in an altered future after the events of The Dalek Invasion of Earth.
- The idea of the TARDIS jumping a time track was first seen in The Space Museum.
- Commander Ganatus and the Starship Dyoni are named after Thal characters from The Daleks.
- The Doctor remarks to the Dalek Emperor that they have both had a “face lift” since they last met during his second incarnation. (The Evil of the Daleks)
- Nyssa refers to the events surrounding Adric’s death in 2526. (Earthshock)
- The Daleks possess bonded polycarbide armour. (Remembrance of the Daleks)