Michelle Gomez (Missy), Laurent Maurel (Nicolas), Corrado Invernizzi (Cardinal Angelo), Jennifer Hennessy (Moira), Ronke Adekoluejo (Penny), Ivanno Jeremiah (Rafando), Fransesco Martino (Piero), Alana Maria (Pentagon Woman), Laurent Maurel (Nicolas), Jamie Hill (Monk), Tim Bentinck (Voice of the Monk)
|Written by||Steven Moffat|
|Directed by||Daniel Nettheim|
|Produced by||Peter Bennett|
In the Haereticum – the Vatican’s secret library of blasphemy – there is an ancient book known only as The Veritas. Throughout history, anyone who has ever read it has immediately taken their own life. Now a new translation is online, and the danger is spreading. The Vatican appeals to the Doctor. Will he read The Veritas? But can even the Doctor survive the ultimate truth?
- Time Lords have two hearts and three brain stems.
- Reference is made to Time Lords’ binary vascular system, (Spearhead from Space.) and it is stated that they also have three brain stems. In The Magician’s Apprentice, Missy suggested that she only had one brain stem.
- The Doctor is still suffering from blindness. (Oxygen)
- The virtual Doctor sits in the Presidents chair in a holographic recreation of the Oval Office. The Eleventh Doctor previously did just that in the real Oval Office. (The Impossible Astronaut)
- The virtual Doctor uses the sonic sunglasses to send a message. The Doctor used them to get out of an impasse before. (Before the Flood) He also used them to summon reinforcements on Gallifrey. (Hell Bent)
- Missy mentions "domestic bliss on Darillium" (The Husbands of River Song), as "the word among the Daleks." (The Witch’s Familiar)
- The Veritas are attempting to conquer the Earth. They previously attempted to kill anyone who lied. (Judgement Day)
- The Doctor was previously aided by a virtual copy of himself in A Life of Matter and Death.